The history of the Lithuanian postal service dates back to the XVI century. On 11 July 1562 the Grand Duke of Lithuania and the King of Poland Sigismund Augustus charged Christoph von Taxis with organising a regular postal conveyance route Vilnius-Krakow-Vienna-Venice. Letters posted in Krakow reached Vilnius in seven days.
By the end of 2012, AB Lietuvos paštas comprised 729 access points providing postal services – 702 stationary post offices and 133 points of service visited by the company’s mobile post offices.
AB Lietuvos paštas, a public limited company, is the largest provider of postal services in Lithuania. Boasting long-lasting traditions and professional service, the company has earned the public’s trust. The services rendered by the team of professionals are used by almost 800,000 customers each month.